Friday, February 11, 2011

Marketing Campaign for Strawberry Sale

"SURE, I'll do a quick sign for the table selling chocolate dipped strawberries!  And I should probably do TWO, so one of us can walk around and advertise throughout the building.  Just something QUICK and SIMPLE.....!!!!"

How many times will I say things like this during my lifetime? 

Probably many, many, many more.

Anyway, here is the design.  I wanted to keep it simple, but there was NO WAY of keeping it quick.  Not me, no, sir.  I hope they'll be effective!

I used the Cricut Lite cartridge, Lacy Labels for the heart, the Base Camp cartridge for the font and good ol' google for a nice graphic of a strawberry that I printed in grayscale and used as a template.  I embossed the heart with the Provo Craft Dots folder to make it look like a strawberry, and used Ranger Liquid Pearls for the white chocolate drizzle. 

No chocolate was consumed during the process.  Shocking, I agree. 
The equal sign was designed and cut by moi.  Impressive; please refer all calls to my agent!



Perhaps I can sample the chocolate dipped strawberries Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. when my shift starts at Central Texas Medical Center, our local hospital.  Our church, River Stone Community Church,  is working this location for the sale, which runs through Monday.  My youngest daughter and I will work the last shift together, and my son will work as well.  The sale benefits a ministry that supports widows in their own businesses in Rwanda.  It's called True Vineyard Ministries.  You should check them out!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Food again! I should have known! lol I'm just waiting for my coffee to be ready this morning but I wasn't prepared to be craving these delicacies to go along with it! *sigh* I think I just have to expect to want to eat when I visit your blog Maureen! I will come prepared next time...in full armor, so to speak! haha
Your sign is fantastic and VERY effective! Good luck with your sale! It sounds like a very worthwhile cause!...Nancy :o)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your sign!! You make me laugh with the way you say stuff. :o)

I can imagine how it went. Simple concept, just a couple strawberries and equal sign and a heart. Can't be that hard to do.

It probably was really easy because of the Cricut. The amazing work you did to make the strawberries look real and delicious, not to mention that beautiful heart. I'm going to say that is where things became complicated. Adding all the luscious layers and sparkle.

You'll get tons of compliments on your sign. Hopefully just as many people buying the strawberries because of your artful efforts :-)

Spending the time with your children at this worthy event, that is truly awesome. I'm so proud to call you my friend!!
Love you - Leslie

Kelley said...

Nice sign! So cute...and very over the top (as always)..

Love/miss you guys and feel free to drop off some strawberries at my dorm:).

gardenpinks said...

Oh love the sign Maureen. Can we see a photo of you walking around with it to advertise your wares?
Adore the heart with its flourish, shame we can't see all the twinkling :)

The stawberries are very realistic.
Hope you raise penty of money for the Rwanda women.

Hugs
Lynn xx