Thursday, January 27, 2011

First REAL Post

Thought I would share this layout on my first REAL POST (thank you, Leslie!). On it, I share my love/hate relationship with trading in my Suburban for a tiny Toyota Scion XB right after Hurricane Katrina. I find that journaling on the computer when I have alot to share frees me up to fully share my thoughts, rather than being confined by a journaling tag or pre-cut piece of cardstock. The beautiful but busy (BBB, really?!) background paper works when it becomes the frame around the matted layout. The stripes are actually ribbon that is so wide, that I find it hard to use on a layout otherwise.

Find a topic that you have mixed feelings about, snap or download some related photos, and give it a try! If nothing else, it will help to use up all those character letter stickers that are building up in your stash!

Please be patient with me as I begin this electronic journey, and thanks in advance for your support and encouragement!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it. Your scrapbook layout is totally awesome and your first blog post is brilliant!!

Your little car is just so cute and I have been privileged to ride "shotgun" with you :-) That was a totally fun day.
Love you - Leslie

gardenpinks said...

I love your cute little car, so eco friendly :)
Your layout is gorgeous - love the background paper but then flourishes are my 'thing'. If you hadn't mentioned it I would never have guessed the stripes were ribbon, a brilliant way to use a dfficult material.
Love your blog now that I have found you!

Hugs
Lynn x

Nancy said...

Beautiful layout Maureen! Love the colors and that ribbon is gorgeous on there!
That vehicle is just too cute! Love that you did a layout on your feelings about it! That's what scrapbooking is all about, isn't it!...Nancy :o)